Sewer Smell in Bathroom and House in Dallas
Do you have a sewer smell in your bathroom or house? Over 20 years of experience in Dallas sewer odor detection and removal for residential and commercial applications has given our highly skilled technicians at Total Plumbing an amazing advantage at thinking outside the box to detect the source of sewer odors so we can effectively conduct sewer line repair where necessary. Smoke testing is the main method used to find these sources. Smoke testing consists of lighting an environmentally safe smoke bomb inside of a smoke machine to force smoke through your sewer system. We then search the home to find where the smoke is exiting your sewer line, thus showing us the source of the leak.That way we can find out where the smell is coming from and you can kiss the sewer smell in your Dallas bathroom/house goodbye.
Do you have a sewer odor in the bathroom or kitchen of your home?
Maybe it isn’t a strong smell, but it is consistent. Or it could be a strong smell that is only noticeable on occasion.
There are a few common reasons for a sewer odor in a bathroom that our sewer leak repair experts here in Dallas are happy to fix. We’ll go over a few here.
1. The water trap under the floor drain has cracked due to lack of use. The floor drain can dry up, causing it to crack and allow sewer gas to come up through the cracks and be noticeable in the bathroom. If it is that simple of a cause you can put some water down the drain to restore the water trap.
2. You can check for a clean-out plug in the floor drain. There should be a plug inside the drain bowl. If it is missing sewer gas can come through and cause sewer odor.
3. Water in your toilet trap can also evaporate and cause the trap to dry and crack. This is less likely, it would take weeks of not being used for this to occur.
4. A bad wax ring between the toilet flange and base of the toilet can allow sewer gas to leak into the bathroom and cause a sewer odor. To fix this the toilet needs to be removed and the wax ring replaced.
5. It is also possible that a broken or cracked sewer line is the cause. This is a more serious problem and would require locating the break and replacing or patching the pipe.
Total Plumbing has the knowledge, skill and experience to help you with all of your plumbing needs, including Dallas sewer odor detection, removal, and leak repair. Any of the issues listed above we can take care of quickly and easily, saving you time and giving you peace of mind that the repairs are done correctly. We are licensed and insured, serving Garland, Rockwall, Plano, Mesquite, Dallas and surrounding DFW areas.
If you want to get rid of the sewer smell in your bathroom or house, call our Dallas sewer odor detection and removal experts today to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions.
What to Expect:
- Technician will arrive and asses your specific problem
- Smoke test, if required
- Find the source of the odor
- Present the most efficient repair option for your home
Call Now! 972-681-4434
Request a Quote
Hear What Our Customers are Saying
Jubal and Clint could not have been friendlier or more professional. They explained their every move in locating the gas leak at my fireplace and made certain all areas were safe. They even gave me some expert instructions in relighting my water heater. This is the second time Total Plumbing has come through for me. I recommend them highly